Google introduces Seasonality Adjustments for Smart Bidding strategies in Google Ads. It will allow advertisers to input an expected percent shift in conversion rates during the sale and specific seasons.
It is important to note that Google Ads bidding strategies like Target ROAS or CPA uses machine learning heavily and it gives lesser control on advertisers’ hands. Machine learning, when put in action, can understand the shift in key account metrics like Impression, Click, CTR, Conversion Rates, etc. during specific seasons of the years.
However, understanding the shifts in conversion rates and co-relating performance metrics with the multiple Sale periods during a year can be a challenge. In such a scenario, the manual inputs from the advertisers can help Smart Bidding strategies get additional signals and do the auction time bid adjustments better.
It’s definitely one of the features that be will be welcomed by the advertisers using Smart Bidding strategies with their Google Ads campaigns.
How to Set Up Seasonality Adjustments in Google Ads Interface?
- Select Bid Strategies under “Shared Library”.
- Under “Bid Strategies”, click Advanced Controls.
- Select the Seasonality Adjustments option at the top.
- To create a new seasonality adjustment, click the blue plus icon.
- Give your adjustment a name and description, fill in the event’s start and end dates, and choose your scope and devices.
- Adjust your conversion rate to reflect your estimated conversion rate change.
- Click Save.